Global Link’s mission statement reads, ‘Creative Learning and Action for a Fair and Sustainable World’. Our aims are to increase awareness of the global dimension and empower people to make changes for a more fair and sustainable world. Our projects include:
- developing the capacity of artists with roots in the global south to work in school,
- delivering an Understanding Development course with CAFOD volunteers,
- delivering a P4C course with local community facilitators,
- working with the University of Cumbria to embed the Global Dimension into Teacher Training Courses,
- and developing new participatory methodologies to engage pupils in the secondary science curriculum.
Global Link has designed and built three multi-medium exhibitions. The first, Escape to Safety provides an experience of what it is like to be an asylum seeker. The second, Trucking with Climate Change raises awareness of the impacts of Climate Change, and the third is about the legacy of persecution and scapegoating, marking the 400th anniversary of the Lancashire Witch Trials and contemporary accusations of witchcraft in Southern Nigeria.
We also host accredited Global Youth learning activities, to raise awareness about the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) and poverty reduction, including street games, United Nation ‘Summits’ and learning simulations.