Think Global are opening up nominations for this year’s awards:
- Do you know an educator who has found creative ways to engage young people in global learning?
- Has this person raised awareness about the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals amongst their students and/or the whole school?
- Have they inspired students to take action on a global issue?
The Global Educator of the Year award recognises educators who have gone above and beyond in raising awareness and deepening understanding of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and encouraging people to take action.
It is time to celebrate the amazing work our teachers are doing.
- Teachers are creating our future global citizens.
- Teachers integrate global learning and the sustainable development goals (SDGs) into their lessons.
- Teachers are role models for positive social action.
- Teachers equip young people with the understanding, attitudes and behaviour that will allow for their success in a global facing Britain.
The winner will:
- Receive a prize for their school
- Be invited to the Global Educator of the Year Awards ceremony in July 2018 at a central London location.
- Be showcased as a best practice on the Global Dimensions website and at education and global learning seminars and events throughout the year.
Jane Yates, Global Educator of the Year 2017
How to enter:
We welcome nominations of classroom teachers, teaching assistants, school governors, head teachers, and anyone who works in the broader field of education.
We know that there are teachers across the globe doing amazing work in this field, however this award is restricted to UK teachers.
To enter, please complete and submit the nomination form on our Global Dimension website by Friday 11 May 2018.
Tweet your support by using the hashtag #GEYA2018