Useful funding websites
(NB: some may charge for services)
On-line subscription services with advice on applying and details of funders:
Directory of Social Change’s fundraising website databases
- www.companygiving.org.uk – a comprehensive database of company support available to voluntary and community organisations.
- www.governmentfunding.org.uk – an online portal to grants for the voluntary and community sector from the Department for Education and Skills, Department of Health, Home Office, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister and Government Offices for the Regions.
- www.trustfunding.org.uk – details all trusts included within DSC and CAF publications and is updated regularly throughout the year.
Advice and guidance
- Association of Charitable Foundations www.acf.org.uk/seekingfunding/index.aspx?id=70 – has information on applying for funding.
- British Overseas NGOs for Development www.bond.org.uk/resources/funding – funding pages including a basic guide for NGOs and a monthly funding e-newsletter is also available.
- Charity Commission for England and Wales www.charity-commission.gov.uk – the regulator and registrar for charities in England and Wales.
- Community Foundation Network www.communityfoundations.org.uk – charitable trusts that promote and support local voluntary and community activity.
- Directory of Social Change www.dsc.org.uk – helps voluntary and community organisations through advice on raising money and managing resources.
- Ethical Investment Research Service www.eiris.org – independent research into corporate behaviour to help ethical investors.
- Fit4funding www.fit4funding.org.uk – provides help and advice to the community and voluntary sector.
- NCVO Sustainable Funding Project www.ncvo.org.uk/practical-support/funding/sustainable-funding – encourages and enables voluntary and community organisations to explore funding options. A useful regular e-newsletter is available.
- Fundraising www.fundraising.co.uk – helps charities in the UK and internationally to use the Internet as a fundraising tool.
- The Third Sector www.thirdsector.co.uk – publication for the voluntary, charity and not for profit sector.
- VolResources www.volresource.org.uk – easy to access info for the voluntary sector.
- Welcomeurope www.welcomeurope.com – more information on European funding.