Nominations are now open for our Global Educator of the Year Award for 2017!
The award was launched by Think Global in 2015 to recognise and celebrate the contribution of educators helping young people to become good global citizens of the future. We’ve been delighted with the responses we’ve had over the past two years, from students and colleagues alike nominating educators who had inspired them.
As with last year’s Award, we would especially like to hear about those individuals who have gone above and beyond in raising people’s awareness of one or more of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. What have they done to deepen understanding of these issues and how are they encouraging people to take action?
This work might focus on one goal in particular, or several. You may think about what this individual is already doing to promote one of the goals – for example, are they raising awareness about climate change? About human rights? You can find more information about the 17 different goals on the Global Goals website or via the World’s Largest Lesson.
We welcome nominations of classroom teachers, teaching assistants, school governors, head teachers, and anyone who works in the broader field of education.
In 2017, the Award process will be:
- Nominations invited by Friday 28th of April
- Panel of judges consider in the w/c 5th of June
- Award presentation ceremony late afternoon of Friday 14th of July in London.
The winner will receive
- £500 and 2 free places for their school on a Think Global online training course
- Prize cup.
The deadline for nominations is Friday 28th April 2017.
What are you waiting for? Share this opportunity with your colleagues and students, and download a nomination form here!
Please share this opportunity on social media using the hashtag #GEYA2017. Thanks!
Entry information: terms and conditions
- To make a nomination please download nomination form, fill in the details and email the completed form to email@example.com titled ‘Global Educator of the Year Award 2017’.
- Before submitting a nomination, the nominee (and their school/institution) should be informed and be happy to be nominated.
- By nominating for this award you give us permission to photograph and celebrate all those who are nominated in press releases/website/social media
- The decision of the organisers is final.